Have you been hoarding washi tape and colorful pens from Muji? Many people love Japan-made stationeries because both the premium quality and designs that range from elegant to wacky. We’ve rounded up 5 stationery stores that will make you wish you could be a student again!
1. For Trendy Basics: Loft Trendy Store
Like its name suggested, Loft is indeed trendy with all sorts latest merchandises. Step in and marvel at the 7 floors of all sorts of colorful stationery supplies.
They have cosmetic products, school supplies, even snacks. Lose yourself in the aisles of paper bags, pens, stamps, and fan-themed merchandise.
- Website: Loft Facebook | Loft Official Website
- Tel: 03-5291-9211
- Opening Hours: 10:00am – 9:00pm
- Address: Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 21-1 Udagawa-cho (Shibuya Branch)
2. For Travelers: Traveler’s Factory
The name says it all: Travel Factory is made for travelers and sells things such as maps, pocket journals, and travel-themed buttons for your luggage.
Apart from the cute items they sell, Traveler’s Factory also draws in crowds with its quaint cafe and crafting table. Perfect for a lazy afternoon after days of exploring Tokyo!
- Website: Traveler’s Factory Facebook
- Tel: 03-6412-7830
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – 20:00
- Address: Tokyo Meguro Meguro District 3-13-10
3. For Elegant Souvenirs: Tokyo Kyukyodo
Kyukyodo was founded all the way back in 1663 and has made a name for selling traditional and elegant stationery. This is the best place to go for classy souvenir reminiscent of Imperial Japan.
- Website: KyuKyodo website
- Tel: 03-3571-4429
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 19:00
- Address: Chuo Tokyo Ginza 5-7-4
4. More than Just School Supplies: Tokyu Hands Dept. Store
Tokyu Hands Department Store is one of those Japan stores that literally has everything. From household items, handicrafts, hardware, electrical appliances, stationery, cycling materials—you even have camping supplies!
Every kind of item come in a wide array of fun and cute designs to choose from. If you’re looking for a one-stop store for all your stationery needs (and more), this is it!
- Website: Tokyu Hands Facebook
- Tel: 03-5361-3111
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 20:30
- Address: Shibuya-ku, Tokyo Sendagaya 5-24-2, Times Square Building 2 ~ 8F (Shinjuku Takashimaya Branch)
5. For Your #Studyblr Aesthetic: Ito-ya House
Last but definitely not the least on our list is ITO-YA Bookstore. With over 100 years of history, this 13-story building is a stand-out along the posh fashion boutiques of the Ginza commercial district.
Each floor has a different theme and houses different kinds of school supplies from gift packaging, office stationery, to art supplies. They even have a huge collection of paint chips!
- Website: ITO-YA Website
- Tel: 03-3561-8311
- Opening Hours: 10:00am – 8:00pm
- Address: 2-7-15 Ginza Chuo Tokyo (Ginza Shop)