From the heart-wrenching plot twists on TV, to the larger-than-life concert performances, K-Pop has taken the world by storm. In fact, South Korea noticed a big spike in its tourism thanks to the Hallyu Wave.
A lot of us at KKday are just as hooked on this global phenomenon as you are, so we’ve rounded up the absolute must-sees and must-dos for your next trip to Korea. Read up on where to go, and the fastest way to get there with the KKday T-Money Card (and check out why you should get a T-money card for your next Korea trip).
Nothing makes a K-Pop themed trip to Korea like seeing all your favorites perform under one roof. Every year, the Busan One Asia Festival celebrates KDramas, K-Pop music, Korean skincare…basically all things Korean that we absolutely love.
This weeklong event in Busan brings together the country’s hottest celebrities and idols for performances, panel discussions, and more! So if you’ll be in Korea this October, don’t miss out on this golden opportunity, and book your tickets now! For more exciting events, check out our 3 Can’t-Miss Festivals Happening in Busan this October 2017
- Address: Busan Asiad Main Stadium, 344 World Cup-daero, Geoje 2(i)-dong, Yeonje-gu, Busan
- Getting There from the Busan Train Station:
- Ride Subway Line 1 until the Jungang Station. Switch trains to Line 3.
- Alternately, ride Subway Line 3 until the Yeonsan Station. Take Exit 9. The Stadium is a 10 minute walk from there.
Your Idols Behind the Scenes:
Seoul’s Gangnam district is where all the K-Pop magic happens. All within a 15-minute walk from each other, you’ve got the biggest entertainment companies in the industry: SM Entertainment, FNC Entertainment, JYP, and Cube.
The moment you step off the train station, you’ll see billboards and posters of all your favorite artists. Hang around in any of Gangnam’s many stores and restaurants, many of which are owned by the stars themselves. Who knows, you just might meet your bias in person!
- Getting There:
- Ride Subway Line 7, and get off at Cheongdam Station. Take Exit 9.
- Travelers Tip: Hang around the nearby Cube Studio Cafe. It’s owned by the studio, sells great bingsoo and honey bread, and is frequented by the Cube artists!
K-Live Hologram Concert
Evey K-Pop fan should get to see their favorites live, but catching a live concert can be difficult, even if you’re already in Seoul. Luckily for fans, there’s KLive ! See your favorites like Big Bang and 2NE1 in a spectacular hologram concert hall, with a 270-degree display and a state-of-the-art channel surround system. Fangirl it out with the rest of the crowd and enjoy the true-to-life concert experience!
- Address: 246, Euljiro, Jung-gu, Seoul
- Getting There:
- Ride Subway Line 2, 4, or 5 until the Dongdaemun History and Culture Park. Take Exit 11 or Exit 12.
On Site: Recreate your favorite KDrama moments
Korea has some of the most beautiful countryside in the world, so it’s no surprise why K-Dramas set out to film some of their most iconic scenes here. Fans of Moonlight Sonata, will recognize the charming atmosphere of Nami Island, and the beautiful flowers at The Garden of Morning Calm will send you back to (KDrama) most romantic moments.
But even non-fans will enjoy this change of pace from the city, especially since it’s so close to Seoul. Make the most of your trip and catch the dazzling Lights Festival sure to take your breath away. See all these places at once when you book a Gangwon Province Day Tour with KKday!
If you’re more into the period dramas (or just a general history buff), the Korean Folk Village is a must. The traditional Namsan houses and temples served as the backdrop for some of the most iconic dramas and films, such as ‘The Moon Embracing the Sun’ and ‘Sungkyukwan Scandal.’ Get to know more about the culture and history of Imperial Korea when you stroll the village, visit the museums, and visit the museums with the friendly guide. Book now with KKday and get your ticket at a discounted price!
- Address: Gyeonggi Yongin Daxing District Folk Village Road 90, Seoul
- Getting There:
- Ride Subway Line 2 until Gangnam Station and take Exit 10. Head to straight to CGV to board the bus. Then, hop on Bus 5001-1 (Red Express Bus) until you reach Myongi University. The Korean Folk Village is a short walk away.
- Alternately, Ride the DX Subway Line until Sononhyeon and take Exit 6. Head to straight to CGV to board the bus. Then, hop on Bus 1560 (Red Express Bus) until you reach Byeongjeom. The Korean Folk Village is a short walk away.
Another iconic Seoul sight is the N Seoul Tower. To the Boys Over Flowers fans, this is where Gu Jun-pyo and Jan-di got stranded one cold winter night. See the view of yourself as you climb to the top and drink in the breathtaking view of the Seoul skyline. Book your tickets ahead with KKday and get an exclusive discount!
- Address: 105 Namsangongwon-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
- Getting there:
- Ride Subway Line 3 or Line 4 until Chungmuro Station. Take Exit 2 (in front of the Daehan Cinema). Hop on Namsan Circular Shuttle Bus No. 02, which will take you to N Seoul Tower.
- Alternately, ride Subway Line 6 until Hangangjin Station. Take Exit 2, and hop on Namsan Circular Shuttle Bus No. 03, which will take you to N Seoul Tower.
- If you want to try the cable car: Ride Subway Line 4 until Myeong-dong Station, and take Exit 3. Walk for about 15 minutes along the street on the right side of the Pacific Hotel. You’ll see the cable car boarding stop right ahead.
Just Like Your Idols
Do you think you’ve got what it takes? Bust a move and become the triple-threat you’ve always dreamed of with our K-Pop Dance Class! Learn from the best with the backup dancers of Big Bang and Super Junior guiding you in this fun class! Sign up for a session now with KKday!
- Address: Hongik University, B1, 449-30, Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul
- Getting there:
- Ride Subway Line 2, or the Gyeongui-Jungang Line to Seoul Station. From there, take a 15 minute walk to Hongik University.
If you enjoyed historical dramas like Jewel in the Palace and Dong Yi, then you’ll love this chance to pretend to be a Korean noble. Add some spark to your Instagram feed when you rent a traditional hanbok and have your own photoshoot by Seoul’s most prominent landmarks. Reserve today with KKday!
- Address: 2nd Floor, 4 Bukchon-ro 5-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul
- Getting There:
- Ride Subway Line 3 until Anguk Station, and get out at Exit 2. Take a 10 minute walk towards the Jaedong Elementary School. The building is right across the school.
Whatever your itinerary looks like, be sure you have the essentials. You’ll need a pocket wifi device or local SIM card to stay connected with your group (and your social media), a convenient way to get from the airport to Seoul, and a T-money Card. Be sure to order your card through KKday to avail of exclusive discounts and offers!
We’ve got a lot more exciting tours for you, like our Goblin Filming Site Tours, Jump! Show tickets , and the Korea House Royal Cuisine and Show. Read up on our 5 Days in Korea with the Family article, and be sure to follow KKday for more tours and travel guides!