Travelling to Malaysia? The reopening of borders has brought much relief to many who have families and friends in Malaysia. With the relaxed restrictions, here’s what you’ll need to prepare when entering the country.
Malaysia Entry Requirements (Air)
Be fully vaccinated with a Malaysian-approved vaccine
- Download the MySejahtera app and upload a digital pre-departure form (DPDF) at least one day before departure, vaccination certificate or status, and pre-departure result.
- Present negative rapid antigen test taken within 2 days before departure. You are not required to do a test upon arrival if arriving from Singapore.
- If unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated, you will need to undergo a 5-day quarantine at your own expense and present a negative PCR on Day 4 or negative rapid antigen test on Day 5 to be released. You will also need to follow the above requirements. You are required to have health insurance that covers COVID-19 expenses with a minimum coverage of USD 20,000.
Malaysia Entry Requirements (Land)
Be fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine under the World Health Organisation Emergency Use Listing
- Download the MySejahtera app
- No pre-departure and on-arrival testing is required. Travellers aged 12 and below are not required to show vaccination proof. If you are 60 and above, you will need a booster shot to be considered fully vaccinated.
- (Driving in via Private Vehicle) Fill up your petrol tank to at least 3/4 full before driving into Malaysia. Obtain a foreign vehicle entry permit if you own a Singapore-registered vehicle. This is so you can pay the RM20 Road Charges with your Touch’nGo cards.
Make the Most of your Kuala Lumpur Trip
If you’re flying into Malaysia, be sure to book KLIA Ekspres Airport Tickets for a smooth and comfortable transition into KL Sentral.
Experience a Shanghai-inspired staycation at JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur situated at the heart of Kuala Lumpur, Bukit Bintang. A luxurious room coupled with authentic cuisine by Shanghai native Executive Chef Wong and team will certainly make for a memorable stay.
KL Observation Sky Deck
Kuala Lumpur Tower is the 7th tallest freestanding tower in the world. Therefore, KL Observation Sky Deck undeniably boasts a breathtaking view of Kuala Lumpur from 276 metres above ground. Use the high-powered binoculars in the indoor airconditioned space for closer observation. Next, for some fresh air, head to the outdoor observation deck upstairs. Thereafter, satisfy your inner thrill seeker with the Sky Box, a lookout space with glass floors.
Over at KLCC Aquaria, explore the marine world through unique exhibits and learning corners. Malaysia’s largest saltwater tank offers an unobstructed view of the marine creatures. Red-bellied piranhas, tiger sharks and seahorses are but some of the impressive 5,000 creatures in the aquarium.
KL Tower’s Atmosphere 360 Revolving restaurant
Elevate your dining experience at Atmosphere 360 revolving restaurant, with a top-notch view and scrumptious dishes. It’s a feast for your eyes as well as your tastebuds. Spot Petronas Towers, the National Mosque of Malaysia, and Bukit Nanas Forest during your meal.
Indulge in a delicious feast comprising Malaysian and international cuisine such as rendang tok (spicy beef), boiled black tiger prawns, ayam biryani, and patin asam tempoyak (local fish dish).
Given that Sunway Lagoon is an award-winning park, you can certainly expect to be thrilled by its six adventure zones. Find your fun, regardless of whether it’s at the cowboy rollercoaster ride, 360-degree pirate ship, Water Park or the Scream Park.
To ease your racing heart after the exhilarating rides, chill with the adorable animals at Wildlife Park, Malaysia’s first interactive and educational animal-themed attraction.
Alam Beauty Spa
At Alam Beauty Spa, a healing and relaxing session awaits. Fashioned after a tranquil kampung, feel the rustic vibes as you relax. Pamper yourself with rejuvenating massage treatments by professional massage therapists using aromatic herbs and essential oils.
Book your tickets via KKday for bigger and better discounts!