A land full of never-ending fun and adventure, Sunway Lagoon is the most talked-about theme park in Malaysia, and for good reason.
Understandably, you might be feeling a little lost amidst the sea of rides and attractions. No worries, because we’ve got your back. Scroll down for some pointers on getting the best out of Sunway Lagoon!
Getting to Know Sunway Lagoon
Think you know all there is to Sunway Lagoon? Well, think again! Due to popular demand, this theme park is always striving to update their rides and attractions to fit with the trends.
It’s made up of six large theme parks namely the Amusement Park, Extreme Park, Sunway Wildlife Park, Scream Park, Nickelodeon Lost Lagoon and finally last but not least, the notorious Water Park. From wet rapids, eerie masked performers to rides on another extreme level, get ready for a ton of fun that’s in store!
Latest Health SOPs You Should Know
- As usual, check in with your MySejahtera app and scan your body temperature.
- Prior to entry, guests of Sunway Lagoon must step inside the park’s very own disinfection chamber known as the Aqua Blaster.
- Scan the QR code to fill up declaration forms.
- Customers are encouraged to conduct contactless payments through their wristbands, E-wallet and other methods.
This famous theme park is open to visitors on a daily basis minus Tuesdays. When it is open for business, you’ll get to enjoy almost a whole day from 10 AM – 6 PM. However, we’d highly advise you to get there as early as possible to avoid crowds – particularly during the weekend rush!
But what’s the difference between purchasing from the counter versus from us? You’ll get to save a LOT, of course!
The general admission price for a walk-in ticket would normally cost around RM138 for an adult and RM113 for a child (free entry for those below 3 years of age). However, if you book with us you’ll be entitled to a 10MYR discount off both prices! Plus, our package comes with a complimentary meal as well.
Ways to Get There
Smack in the heart of the Subang Jaya municipality, its strategic location adds more to the already widely-known reputation of Sunway Lagoon. Whether you prefer your own ride or a calming train commute, there are many convenient ways to transport yourself to this amazing wonderland.
1. By Car
You can choose from various route options such as through the Federal Highway, New Pantai Expressway, Damansara-Puchong Expressway or KESAS highway to get here from the capital (and it takes just 20 minutes!).
Park and ride with Sunway Lagoon, as you’ll be met with plenty of parking options. Either leave your station wagon in the neighbouring Sunway Pyramid mall (this one’s for you shopaholics) or by the Sunway Hotel Resort and Spa.
2. By Train
With the vast extension of railway networks, commuting has never been this easy. Get to Sunway Lagoon by hopping on the LRT or MRT and ride to the USJ 7 LRT station. From there, you’ll be able to catch the BRT (Bus Rapid Transit) that leads straight to the Sunway Lagoon stop.
3. By Bus
Ride the bus U63 or U67 from the KL Sentral station to reach Sunway Pyramid which is directly connected to the theme park. Alternatively, a cheaper option would be to take the free shuttle bus going through different stops in Sunway City. This shuttle bus runs every 25 minutes, so be sure to catch it when you can!
Famous Attractions to Visit
Some places you might be able to dismiss when the queues get too snakey, but then there are others that would not make Sunway Lagoon, well, Sunway Lagoon. So if possible, don’t pass on the chance to try out these attractions!
1. Water Park
No one would go to Sunway Lagoon without grabbing the chance to go on some exhilarating splashes! Start off with the famous Surf Beach, where you can play around in the waters without a care in the world. And if you’re looking for something more exciting, go for the Vuvuzela; setting the bar high by sliding down the world’s longest water slide!
2. Amusement Park
Who doesn’t love a good old ferris wheel ride? It never seems to get old, and Sunway Lagoon‘s brilliant Wild Wild West concept makes this attraction all the more appealing. Don’t forget to hop on the mandatory rollercoaster ride! The Lost City of Gold Coaster will propel you through the skies at top speed to quench your thirst for excitement.
3. Sunway Wildlife Park
Calling all nature lovers! Here’s one that will get you falling head over heels.
This wildlife sanctuary in Sunway Lagoon hosts a myriad of animal species. Zoom in on some highlights of the zoo, including the exotic blue-eyed white tiger pair that happen to be one of the rarest breeds worldwide. Next, watch on for more enthralling animal action from lions, hornbills, peacocks, marmosets at the Wild Encounters section, the Bird Savannah and many more.
4. Extreme Park
Adventure lovers, you’re in for a treat! The Extreme Park in Sunway Lagoon caters to all levels of extremes from hitting the pedal at Go-Kart and ATVs to being catapulted into the sky in the G-Force X. Moreover, they’ve also got paintball target shooting for those with a competitive spirit burning within!
5. Scream Park
This time, these screams won’t always be screams of joy. But mixed with a little fear and suspense, you’re still in for a thrill, albeit a different kind. Muster up the courage to come out the Sharknado exhibit in one piece as you’ll be faced with lots of jump scares and unexpected turns! Also, the Nights of Fright festival happens every during the Halloween season, so that you’ll have something to look forward to every year.
6. Nickelodeon Lost Lagoon
This parks seems to never run out of new, interesting ideas to churn out (which exactly makes them ever loved by the masses!).
A pioneer in its glory, the Nickelodeon Lost Lagoon is the first of its kind theme park in the world. No doubt, this is where all imaginations come alive. Relive your childhood by meeting and greeting familiar faces like Dora the Explorer and Spongebob Squarepants, who even has his own themed water playground!
- Seating area – Want to just lay in the sun and relax for a minute? Then Sunway Lagoon has got your back with their lounge chairs that are available almost everywhere for you to catch your breath before you go on to the next ride!
- Locker rental – Walking around a theme park with a heavy bulk might not be the smartest option out there. So don’t bother with all the hassle and rent a locker for you to safely store your things while you go off and have fun.
- Tube rental – Inevitably, innocent splashing could get boring after a little while. Instead, rent a tube so you can slide down the rapids to add the wow factor into your Sunway getaway!
- The Lagoon Express – The kids are getting cranky, your legs are slowly getting numb from all the walking… if you’re ever trapped in this predicament, just get on the Lagoon Express shuttle service! This unique Sunway-themed train will transport you and your companions anywhere and give you an all-round tour the park.
- Food and beverage outlets – Food, glorious food! Sweating it out at the park will definitely get your appetite up and running, so recharge at any of the fast food spots or restaurants serving local and foreign delights. Our Sunway Lagoon package even includes a free meal from one of the yummy local restaurants!
So what are you waiting for? Book your tickets at an amazing discount plus extra perks:
Address: 3, Jalan PJS 11/11, Bandar Sunway, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor
Operating Hours: 10 AM – 6 PM (Closed on Tuesdays)
Contact Number: +603-5639 0000
If you’re planning on bringing the fam along, check out our family edition guide:
Now that you’re an expert on all there is to know about Sunway Lagoon, why not choose from these attractions for your next stop?
Berjaya Times Square Theme Park Ticket | Malaysia
Lost World of Tambun Amusement & Water Park Ticket | Malaysia
Malaysia Aquaria KLCC Ticket
Zoo Negara Ticket | Malaysia
Half-day National Zoo Tour with Transfer
KL Tower Mini Zoo Ticket | Malaysia