Every parent wants to know what’s the secret ingredient for the perfect family day out. Well, you’ll be sure to hit the mark with Sunway Lagoon Theme Park!
Made up of not one, but six parks with distinct concepts of their own, this mega funground offers an endless array of rides to choose from. It can get a tad bit confusing, so we’ve taken the liberty in designing a foolproof itinerary that will ensure your family has the best time ever.
Updated Covid-19 Prevention Measures
- Only fully-vaccinated individuals can enter the premises. Kids can be brought along by adults who have successfully completed their two doses.
- The staff will conduct regular temperature checks on visitors upon entry.
- Always wear your masks unless you are taking part in any of the water park activities or eating.
- All visitors must pass through a special walk-through disinfection chamber before they can access the park.
- To fill up any declaration forms or documents, scan the QR codes provided.
- Perform payments via your wristband, E-wallet and other non-contact means.
Family Fun Activities
With so many attractions to go for, it’s hard to know which one to start off with. We’re here to break down all the must-try rides suitable for kids of any age and height.
For the Young Ones (Height below 120cm)
Not every ride is exactly kid-friendly, so we’ve listed out some attractions in order that should give your child an exciting (and not too terrifying) experience.
Take a look at each of these rides we bet your kids will love!
1. Sunway Wildlife Park
Who doesn’t love adorable animal creatures? Charm your kids by first introducing them to the diverse species of mammals, vibrant birds and all kinds of critters in the Sunway Wildlife Park! Rotate from one animal exhibit to another, such as the Pet Village where you’ll get to feed cute farm animals and tortoises. Then, hit up the New Monkey World, Bird Savannah and even witness the kings of the jungle in action at the White Lion Kingdom!
2. Amusement Park
If you’re seeking for the perfect balance between fun and safe, then the Sunway Lagoon Amusement Park is here to do the job for you!
You won’t have to worry about frightening your kid or baby as the classical Wagon Wheel provides a relaxing ride in the sky. If your child’s height doesn’t make the cut, you could always take the family out for a spin on the dreamlike carousel and Apache pots for a joyride.
3. Water Park
After a couple of rides under the blazing sun, you wouldn’t want to risk your kids getting a heat stroke!
Cool off in the afternoon by heading over to the biggest water park you’ve ever seen.
4. Nickelodeon Lost Lagoon
Let your kids experience the much-beloved cartoon programme, Nickelodeon TV! They can immerse themselves in the joy of the whole show through themed rides like the Spongebob Splash Adventure and the Explorer’s Trail. Afterwards, realise your child’s fantasies by getting them to meet with their favorite characters like Dora the Explorer, Spongebob Squarepants, Patrick and more.
Rides Suitable for Older Children (Height above 120cm)
Craving a little more adrenaline rush? Ask and you shall receive! If your height requirement matches these thrilling rides, by all means go for it. Check these out below:
- The Vuvuzela – The world’s longest vortex ride can be found nowhere other than right here in Sunway Lagoon. Grab whoever in your family who shares the same daring spirit as you and whoosh down this epic water chute!
- Monsoon 360º – Imagine being shot down through a water rocket perched way above ground. That’s exactly what Monsoon 360º is all about, as you’ll wait in bated breath for the trap doors to flap open before descending in an euphoric free fall!
- Lost City of Gold Scream Coaster – You can’t spell theme park without a rollercoaster (well, not exactly). In other words, there’s no way you can miss out on riding through spirals and loops of never-ending fun!
- Pirate’s Revenge – The Pirate’s Revenge is a 360º revolving ride that will take you from the ground to the skies, all in the matter of seconds! Word of advice: be sure to go on an empty stomach for this one.
- Scream Park – Ah, nothing like a good scream for poking fun at one another. In all seriousness though, this horror-themed land is no joke. Brace yourselves as you’ll come face-to-face with gory characters pulled straight out from horror movie classics like Sharknado, Scream and Annabelle, especially during the annual Nights of Fright event!
- X Park – The Extreme Park really does live up to its name, as the slingshot G-Force X, bungee jumping and Go-Kart rides will give even daredevils a run for their money!
Other Facilities You Can Enjoy
If your kids start feeling hungry in between the rides, there’s no need to worry about any temper tantrum here. Walk a few steps and you’ll find plenty of food temptations popping up at every corner. As a matter of fact, you might even be stumped on what to choose!
For an energy boost, head down to the multiple fast food chains sprawled all over the park like Burger King, Marrybrown and Subway. To fill up those empty bellies to the brim, go for something more satiable like their line of local and western restaurants. Additionally, the park also has a shuttle service whenever your feet get sore called the Lagoon Express, and you can also rent a locker or tube to sail down the waves in!
Practical Tips to Remember
- The early bird gets the worm, so come early! That way, you’ll avoid having to wrestle with the crowds and long queues just to get in.
- Speaking of queues, there is a way to make those troubles go away. Simply purchase the Quack Xpress Express Pass for only RM80 to skip those lines altogether! Not to mention, your kids will be able to go back for rides as many rounds as they want.
- Pack all the essentials from the get-go, like adequate sunscreen, towels, toiletries and a change of clothes if you’re planning to dip in Water Park fun.
- You could also book a nearby stay for the family so you won’t have to travel far! For instance, get a load of our 3D2N/2D1N Sunway Hotels Staycation with Sunway Lagoon Admission | Selangor staycation deal.
With so many things to see and do, it’s no surprise that the ticket price can soar sky-high too. Save the headache with our special all-day pass to Sunway Lagoon that slashes the price up to RM10 off! It even comes with a package meal so you won’t have to hunt too long for a family lunch together. Purchase your tickets here:
Address: 3, Jalan PJS 11/11, Bandar Sunway, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor
Operating Hours: 10 AM – 6 PM (Closed on Tuesdays)
Contact Number: +603-5639 0000
You can find more family visit guides here:
Here are more fun things you can try out with the family:
Berjaya Times Square Theme Park Ticket | Malaysia
Malaysia Aquaria KLCC Ticket
KL Tower Mini Zoo Ticket | Malaysia
Lost World of Tambun Amusement & Water Park Ticket | Malaysia
Half-day National Zoo Tour with Transfer
Zoo Negara Ticket | Malaysia