Travelling to Korea is now much easier, with lesser PCR tests and restrictions. Find out what you’ll need to prepare for your trip to Korea!
Entering South Korea
- Apply for K-ETA or visa, depending on nationality. If you are ineligible for K-ETA or if your purpose of visit is not covered by K-ETA, apply for a visa.
- Fully vaccinated with WHO Emergency Use Listing (EUL) COVID-19 vaccines with the 2nd dose taken between 15 to 180 days of departure. A booster shot is required if the 2nd dose was administered more than 180 days ago.
Note: If you contract COVID-19 after completing 2 doses and have recovered, you can be considered as fully vaccinated without taking the booster shot (PCR test only). Proof of recovery must be submitted for verification.
- (From 1 June 2022) Unvaccinated children aged 11 and below will be exempted from quarantine if they are accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult. Children between the age of 12 and 17 who received their 2nd dose of vaccination at least 14 days before departure can be considered as fully-vaccinated without the need of booster dose.
- Travel insurance is not required, but you will be fully responsible for costs associated with COVID-19 treatment and isolation during your stay in Korea.
- Passport with at least 6 months remainder validity
- Valid APEC card / K-ETA / Visa (not applicable to Korean nationals)
- QR code issued by Q-Code system
- Vaccination certificate in English or Korean
- Negative pre-departure test result
- Pre-departure Test (PDT): You will need to show proof of a negative PCR test taken within 48 hours (2 days) of departure or a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) / Antigen Rapid Test (ART) at a hospital or clinic within 1 day of departure (E.g. You can take the RAT/ART on 2 June from 0000H onwards if your flight is on 3 June 2300H). Remote supervised ART / Tele-ART is not acceptable.
Present the hard-copy of the test results at Changi Airport. Infants and children below the age of 6 are exempted.
- On-arrival Test: PCR test to be taken within 3 days of arrival. Pre-booking of the test can be done at Safe2GoPass website.
Children below the age of 6 may be tested at the discretion of the officials at the public health centre/Incheon Airport. You may not take any domestic flight before the result of the on-arrival PCR test is out. After the test, proceed to to your accommodation by public transport, taxi or private vehicle to isolate while waiting for the test result.
- Pre-departure Test: If you are heading back to Singapore, pre-departure tests are not necessary.
Where to Go in South Korea
South Korea is a country rich in culture and history. Did you know there are 5 palaces in Seoul alone? It’s also a shopping mecca where you can find the trendiest styles along the streets of Hongdae and Daehangro.
You’ll have to visit Seoul Lotte World & Aquarium, the world’s largest indoor theme park attached to a shopping center, five-star hotel, sport facility, and a Korean Folk Museum. Together with its outdoor amusement park, Magic Island, Lotte World promises something for everyone.
Over 55,000 marine animals from around 650 marine species live at the Lotte World Aquarium. Over there, get a feel of being underwater at South Korea’s largest indoor aquarium, featuring the first underwater escalator in South Korea, and long underwater tunnels!
For the most part, you may find Seoul Land & Cable Car familiar, as a number of popular K-dramas, including When My Love Blooms, The Secret Life of My Secretary have been filmed here. Merely 30 minutes away from Myeongdong, Seoul Land comprises 5 themed amusement areas.
Make the Best out of your Seoul Trip:
Take a Busan day tour to experience the best Busan has to offer. One of the places you’ll visit is Gamcheon Culture Village. Built on a steep hill, its nickname is “Machu Picchu of Busan”. As a result of a town revamp which saw artists working alongside residents to repaint their homes, the village’s alleyways and houses became more attractive. While you appreciate the artwork, look out for statues of the Little Prince and the Fox.
Next, you’ll visit Yeongdodaegyo Bridge, a bascule bridge connecting Nampodong to Yeongdo District. Meanwhile, as the bridge opens up, you will notice majestic paintings of seagulls rise into the air! This tour is coupled with other locations such as Jalgachi Seafood Market and Huinnyeoul Culture Village.
Check out these articles To Make The Best Out Of Your Busan Trip:
Compared to Seoul, you’ll find it especially relaxing in Nami island, Petit France and Garden of morning calm. For instance, the only way to access Nami Island is via a scenic ferry ride. Generally, you’ll notice fall foliage in Autumn (October to November) and cherry blossoms in Spring (early to mid April). However, Nami Island looks different each season.
Subsequently, step into Petite France, an entire village dedicated to the novel “The Little Prince”. Together with cobbled roads pastel cottages, eclectic artwork and European-style buildings, Petite France will surely be a highlight of your Korea trip.
Lastly, complete your trip at The Garden of Morning Calm. The Garden of Morning Calm showcases the beauty of Korean horticulture against the picturesque Chungryeongsan Mountain. It is frequently used as a filming location.
Read up on the best experiences to take in South Korea — from K-Beauty immersions to ski excursions:
Don’t let language barrier get in the way! After planning your itinerary, you can pick up some Korean slang words and phrases to enrich your trip! Above all, have fun!