Good news! Soon we’ll be able to travel around Malaysia again! Fingers crossed MCO is a thing of the past! This comes in light of the recent announcement of state borders reopening which we’ve been hoping for (note: you can travel anywhere except for in EMCO regions).
If you’ve completed your two doses and waiting period, congrats! Since you’re all set for interstate travel, here are all the ways to prepare and SOPs that you need to take note of:
Tips on How to Prepare
- Make sure you’ve got your MySejahtera vaccination status and certificate on full display. Just present your MySejahtera check-in and certificate, and you’re good to go. Plus, police officers will be conducting random checks every once in a while, so always be prepared.
- Wear your face masks at all times (unless you’re eating or when in non-crowded places).
- Practise proper hygiene regularly by washing your hands often and carrying an alcohol-based sanitizer with you.
- In order to gain entry to East Malaysia, it is compulsory to undergo either an RT-PCR or RTK Covid screening test within 3 days prior to your arrival.
- If you experience any symptoms, do the right thing by self-isolating and submitting a report via the MySejahtera app. Go to see a doctor if your condition persists.
Ways to Get Around
- It’s about time to bring your car out for a spin. With the new leeway in place, you can now freely use private vehicles with full passenger capacity.
- All aboard! AirAsia is welcoming back all its fully vaccinated passengers for a long awaited trip to the skies. To actually get anywhere, you’ll need your new normal passport (a.k.a your vaccination certificate) and actual passport for East Malaysia destinations.
- Tourism companies are ready to get you to your local travel destination be it by bus, ferry or boat.
Hotel Ground Rules
All those dreamy staycations that have been sitting in your to-do list all this while? Well, it’s time to make them a reality! Here’s a general guide on SOPs in hotels:
- Both guests and hotel staff will go through regular temperature checks.
- You can enjoy public facilities in the hotel such as the gymnasium, swimming area and conference rooms, capped at a maximum of 50% capacity.
- Hotel buffets must provide their guests with disposable gloves for eating.
List of Tourism Activities Allowed
- Dine in – One of the most main (and some would say necessary) reasons to get vaccinated is that restaurant doors will finally be open to you! Food establishments can now operate from 6AM all the way up to 12AM. Just think of all the cafes that you’ll get to explore in other states like Langkawi, Johor and many more!
- Sports and recreation – Stay healthy, and at a distance. Practise social distancing during sports like jogging, cycling, hiking, badminton and others. Scuba diving groups should only consist of 10 people per group, and sharing equipment is a no-no. However, extreme sports namely skydiving or paragliding, are not recommended.
- Public night markets and bazaars are open for business as well.
- Reflexology and spa centers are to operate solely on an appointment basis.
- Entertainment outlets – Cinemas and karaoke centers can operate with 50% capacity.
- Theme parks – Purchase your tickets through online transactions. Visitors must only fill up 50% of the space capacity.
- Live events and shows – At the moment, only indoor performances are allowed. Event halls can accommodate a maximum of 50% seating capacity for audiences.
Book a PCR Test With Us
Before you set out on your journey, do your part as a responsible citizen to keep you and your loved ones safe. So, grab an appointment for a Covid screening test with any of these centers at our special prices:
Be sure to abide by these SOPs to keep the holiday mood up and running! Remember to be mindful of your own safety and that of others when travelling. Kita jaga kita!
So, where to first? For starters, check out Langkawi, the travel destination that’s trending right now. You won’t want to miss out on these deals!
Take a long deserved break at these charming island staycations:
3D2N Staycation at Resort World Langkawi and Sunset Cruise Dinner | Malaysia
[KKday Exclusive] Staycation with Car Rental and Meals at 4-Star Aloft Langkawi Pantai Tengah | Malaysia
3D2N Staycation with Car Rental and Meals at 4-Star Dayang Bay Resort Langkawi | Malaysia
[KKday Exclusive] Staycation with Sunset Dinner Cruise and Car Rental at 5-Star Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi | Malaysia
For a fill of adventure, have a go at these activities in Langkawi:
Langkawi Island Hopping Day Tour with Private Boat | Malaysia
Malaysia Langkawi | ATV Adventure with Return Transfer
Crocodile Adventureland Langkawi
Langkawi Adventure & Xtreme Park All-In Ticket | Malaysia