Missing the gorgeous beaches and the vibrant local communities of Cebu? You can now start planning your trip as the province has finally reopened its borders and already welcomes all domestic tourists from around the country. The reopening also comes in good time for the upcoming Holy Week holidays, for which Cebu is one of the top destinations for pilgrims and religious tourists.
Read on for everything you need to know about traveling to Cebu and all the awesome things you can do in the province in the new normal.
Planning Your Trip to Cebu
Although the province has relaxed the requirements for non-essential travelers, such as waiving the swab test, it’s important to note that Cebu City still enforces its own guidelines. Here’s a summary of the requirements for Cebu-bound tourists:
- Medical certificate issued 7 days before the travel date
- Proof of reservation at a resort or hotel accredited by the Cebu Provincial Task Force
- Pre-booking of activities
- Passing of symptom checking at the point of departure and point of arrival
- Negative result of RT-PCR test taken 3 days before the travel date
- Travel itinerary
- Round-trip tickets
- Confirmed accommodation booking in Cebu City
Awesome Activities in Cebu
It is important to plan your travel and book activities ahead of time because walk-in tourists are not allowed in most major attractions. This also works in your favor as you can ensure a smooth and hassle-free vacation with tours that are already planned out. That said, here are the best experiences and tours you shouldn’t miss in Cebu this 2021.
Beach bums who love being under the sun and walking on fine sand will certainly have their fill from island hopping in Cebu. Stunning little islands are sprinkled along the coasts of Cebu, notably around Lapu-Lapu City and Bantayan. Whether you’re into snorkeling, diving, or even swimming with whale sharks, there’s a variety of experiences to be had.
- Caohagan and Nalusuan Islands (from PHP 3,113)
- Moalboal and Pescador Island (from PHP 7,034 for 2 pax)
- Hilutungan and Pandanon Islands (from PHP 3,189)
- Oslob Whale Shark Watching and Sumilon Island Tour (from PHP 5,193)
From ziplines to ATV rides, you can also find many thrilling adventures away from the beach. If you still like to get soaked, head to hidden gems like the adrenaline-pumping Kawasan Falls and Badian River for an unforgettable canyoneering experience.
- Private Canyoneering Day Tour (from PHP 750)
- Cebu Private Day Tour: Taoist Temple, Zipline Experience, Sirao Flower Farm, Temple of Leah, & IT Park (from PHP 2,000)
- Day Tour From Cebu: Bohol Chocolate Hills Adventure Park (from PHP 4,875)
Local Food Trip
Skip the fast food and fill your tummy with delicious delicacies and dining experiences that are unique to Cebu. Ultimately, you can’t leave the province without getting a crunchy and juicy bite of its famous lechon!
- Lechon-Making Experience (from PHP 2,223)
- Half-Day Food Tour and Boodle Feast Experience (from PHP 2,491)
- Cebu Tops Observation Deck Dinner (from PHP 1,340)
Cultural Tour in the City
Hailed as a UNESCO Creative City of Design, Cebu has culture and heritage deeply ingrained in every aspect of its development. You can find artistic appeal not only in historical sites but also in urban spaces where cultural resources and local talent are highlighted.
- Cebu Cultural Tour: Fort San Pedro, Basilica del Santo Niño, Magellan’s Cross, Casa Gorordo Museum, & IT Park (from PHP 2,000)
- Cebu City 8-Hour Private Tour – personalized itinerary (from PHP 2,400)
Staycation and Spa Experiences
It’s tempting to cram your itinerary with many adventures to make the most out of your trip. But don’t be afraid to slow down and just relish the feeling of being in Cebu. Choose a nice hotel that conveniently gives you a view of Cebu’s beauty through the windows. Or, splurge on a well-deserved spa treatment in a location that’s close to nature.
- Radisson Blu Cebu Staycation With Breakfast (from PHP 5,100)
- Tambuli Seaside Resort Staycation With Breakfast (from PHP 5,680)
- Bluewater Maribago Amuma Spa Experience (from PHP 1,500)
- Cebu Grand Spa Experience (from PHP 1,657)
Read up on the healing getaways you can take in Cebu here!