Flights between Singapore Airlines Ltd and Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd will be available, with a maximum of 200 passengers to be permitted on each flight.
Before you book your tickets, here’s everything you need to know:
What are the requirements?
- Travelers are NOT REQUIRED to go on quarantine but are REQUIRED to take a COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test 72 hours before departure.
- Travelers will need to apply for travel approval, at least 7 days ahead of time, and will need a confirmed flight ticket. (Travelers traveling from 01 December 2020 won’t need to apply for approval thereafter.)
- Travelers will need to bear the full cost of medical treatment should they become COVID-19 positive in either country.
If you’re traveling from Singapore to Hong Kong…
- You’ll need to take the COVID-19 PCR test in Singapore within 72 hours before your scheduled departure flight to Hong Kong, the result of the test should be negative
- You’ll need to take the COVID-19 PCR test at the Hong Kong International Airport. This may take up to 4 hours, so adjust your itinerary. Travelers cannot leave the airport without confirmation of negative test results.
- Travelers must book and pay for the PCR test/s before departing Singapore.
- Apply for approval to take the PCR test at least 7 days before departing Singapore. (No approval is required to take the test starting 01 December.)
- You will need to take the COVID-19 PCR test again within 72 hours of your scheduled departure flight from Hong Kong to Singapore at any of the recognized testing centres
- Should your return flight to Singapore depart within 72 hours of when you provide the COVID-19 PCR results for your arrival in Hong Kong (with a negative result), you will not need to be tested again in Hong Kong
If you’re traveling from Hong Kong to Singapore…
- Take the COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours before your scheduled departure flight to Singapore (with a negative result)
- Install the Trace Together app for contact tracing. The app must be activated throughout your stay in Singapore, and must not be deleted from your smartphone 14 days after leaving Singapore.
- Apply for an air travel pass at least 7 days before arrival in Singapore. (Citizens and permanent residents of Singapore are exempted.)
- Take the pre-departure COVID-19 test at one of the designated clinics or testing centres in Singapore. The test should be arranged within 72 hours before your scheduled flight back to Hong Kong
Here are the flights you can take under the travel bubble agreement:
From 22-29 November
- SQ 890 (SG->HK), SQ 891 (HK->SG, return flight), operating on Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun
- CX734 (SG->HK), CX 759 (HK->SG, return flight), operating on Tues, Thurs, Sat
From 30 November – 6 December
- CX734 (SG->HK), CX 759 (HK->SG, return flight), operating on Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun
- SQ 890 (SG->HK), SQ 891 (HK->SG, return flight) operating on Mon, Wed, Fri
Daily flights from both airlines will start from 7 December 2020.
Where to Go in Hong Kong
Since you want to make your post-quarantine travel memorable, here’s a list of places you should go with the BEST DEALS now:
Enjoy a panoramic view of the skyline at the city’s highest observation deck. Get exclusive deals at KKDay!
Relive fond memories as you visit the Bank, Water Works, Jail, and more. Book your tickets now.
No visit to Hong Kong is complete without seeing Mickey and the gang.
Discover the aquatic wildlife in one of the world’s biggest aquariums
Have a fiesta with this authentic Hong Kong ‘typhoon shelter seafood’ flavor. The signature dish, Shelter Crab Fried Crab is not to be missed—with five levels of spiciness from mild to strong.
A limited offer: the dishes are not just beautifully decorated (perfect for Instagram!), but also taste delicious
Enjoy a number of delicious restaurants at Hong Kong Disneyland’s various restaurants. Taste South East Asian cuisine at Tahitian Terrace or Hong Kong cuisine at Comet Cafe.
The Dim Sum Lunch at Crystal Lotus, Disneyland has the best deals, too, for you!
Enjoy your first air travel bubble. Book now on KKDay!
Words by Miguel Flores
Featured image by Yung Chi Wai Derek on Shutterstock