Even if you’ve traveled to South East Asia before, you will still find Kuala Lumpur such a delightful and challenging puzzle. With great influence from the Chinese, Japanese, and the British, the Malaysian capital boasts huge tourist variations that never fail to put a smile on your face.
Whether you’re a party animal or a spiritual soul (or both!), or maybe someone who loves gazing over drop-dead views, the city of Kuala Lumpur has something cool for everybody. To start off, here’s a guide on things to do in KL:
Free Attractions in Kuala Lumpur:
1. Explore the National Art Gallery
Regardless whether you’re an art fan or not, get ready to be lost in thought with artworks from Malaysia’s top leading artists and designers. Malaysia is a diverse country, expect to tour around mind-opening works for FREE.
Since the National Art Gallery is located near Titiwangsa, you can also stroll around Titiwangsa beautiful Lake Gardens for a peaceful contemplating after taking in the intensity of the art.
- Location: 2, Joalah Temerloh, Off Jalan Tun Razak, 53200 Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: Everyday from 10am to 6pm.
- Phone Number: +603 4025 4990
2. View the Petronas Twin Towers
If you’re a cheapskate, you’ll be happy to know that while it costs money to view these towers from above, you don’t need to spend anything to view it from below. The Petronas Twin Towers are the tallest twin towers in the world, so get ready to take IG-worthy photos while seating by the nearest water fountain or by shopping around the nearby KLCC mall.
- Location: Concourse Level, Petronas Twin Tower, Lower Ground, 50088, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3. Search Serenity at KL Forest Eco Park
Need a quick escape from the hustle and bustle of the city life? This might come as surprising, but there is a forest right at the center of KL. In fact, it’s one of the most popular sceneries there is. Enjoy several breathtaking views as you climb the tree top that takes you high up into the forest canopy.
- Location: Lot 240, Jalan Raja Chulan, Kuala Lumpur, 50250 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur.
Paid Attractions in Kuala Lumpur:
Exquisite views, chill ambiance, and divine cocktails…expect to be blown away with what SkyBar has to offer. The bar is located at the 33rd floor of Trader’s Hotel, so if you’re lucky enough to book a table by the window, check out the twinkling Petronas Twin Towers as you gaze it through the floor-to-ceiling window.
Because the menu is packed with a mixture of snacks and delicious cocktails, it might be hard to choose something. Try out the signature Buffalo Inferno Wings or Spiced Crusted Calamari for a flavorsome experience. Gulp everything down with a ‘Raised in Manhattan’ cocktail, made from sweet vermouth and Canadian Club whiskey.
- Location: Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Stall 7, Jalan Pinang, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Opening Hours: Sunday to Friday at 10:00am to 1:00am and Saturday at 10:00am to 3am
- Phone Number:+60 3-2332 9888
Paid Attractions: Nearby Attractions Around Kuala Lumpur
1. Tour Around the Batu Caves
Got your walking shoes on? Good. Enter Kuala Lumpur’s famous tourist attraction by taking up 272 steps that lead to the entrance of Sri Subramaniar Swamy cave temple. Located approximately 11 kilometers to the north of Kuala Lumpur, this 100-year old temple features golden idols and statues inside the cave.
Take the tour with us right here.
- Location: Gombak, 68100 Batu Caves, Selangor, Malaysia
- Opening Hours: Mondays to Fridays at 10:00am to 5:00pm and Sundays, Saturdays, and Public Holiday at 10:30am to 5:30pm
- Phone Number: +60 1-300-88-5050
2. View Different Cultures at Heritage of Malacca
As you know, Malaysia is a pretty diverse place, but the most diverse city has to be Malacca. Begin your Malaysia journey at a place where Eastern countries such as China and Japan meets Western countries:Portugal, Spain, and England.
From soul-striffing churches, tranquil rivers, to street markets, there are about 18 Malacca tourist spots you must check out. Let KKday guide you from a point to point tour. Get a headstart on that bucket list. Click here to book it with us now!
- Location: 13/13-1, 15/15-1, 17/17-1 Jalan MP 15, Taman Merdeka Permai, 75350, Melaka, Malaysia, 75350 Malacca, Malaysia
- Phone Number: +60 6-289 9000
3. Make New Farm Friends at Malaysia’s Farm in the City
Here at Malaysia Farm in the City, you can view, pet, and feed Malaysian animals up close. From adorable guinea pigs, giant turquoises, and friendly llamas, the village setting houses more than 100 species of farm and exotic animals and plants in family-friendly built cages.
- Location: Lot 40187-40188 Jalan Prima Tropika | Bandar Putra Permai, Sri Kembangan 43300, Malaysia
- Opening Hours: Everyday from 9:30am to 6pm
- Phone Number: +60 3-8941 2099
Own your Kuala Lumpur trip as you take in different settings that Malaysia has to offer. Whether you’re traveling with kids or professional backpack travelers, nothing’s gonna stop you from having a memorable Malaysia itinerary. Ever been to Kuala Lumpur? Share your thoughts down below!
For more tourist things to do in Malaysia, check out: