Need to add some color and life to your Instagram feed while craving delicious coffee in Seoul? Say no more – we’re giving you a whole new list of picturesque coffee places (READ: Instagram-worthy Cafes in Seoul) so you can fully immerse yourself in Korea’s quirky-cool cafe culture.
Choose among best cafes in Seoul for your aesthetic, whether it be Style Nanda’s bright neon pink signs or meticulously-crafted latte art from C. Through Cafe. Throw those finger hearts up a ‘latte’ at these Instagrammable places in Seoul:
Okay, so we cheated a little – this is not exactly inside Seoul, but the must-visit coffee spot is highly accessible! Photographers and romantic dreamers will love his ‘picture-pefect’ cafe with a lot of heart!
The cafe that resembles a giant camera is a dream come true for the owners – a local couple who moved away from the hectic city life with their little daughter. Have a steaming cup of coffee with honey toast and admire the growing collection of photographs and camera memorabilia.
Send out lovely postcards to your friends overseas using coloring materials available in the cafe. The owners will ask you to list your dreams, take a free polaroid photo of your list, then post it on the interior of the cafe. Come back years later and see if you’ve reached your dreams!
- How To Get There: Take the subway to Yongmun Station via Jungang Line
- Easy Option: Book this activity with KKday to enjoy free pick-up and drop-off from your chosen location in Seoul
- Address: 341-13 Jungwon-ri, Yongmun-myeon, Yangpyeong, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
What if you want to be the artist? Head to Mustoy, one of Hongdae’s popular specialty cafes. It’s a delightful shop filled with adorable painted dolls. From the cafe window, you can already see hundreds of whimsical ceramic dolls left by artists and previous customers.
If you’re feeling a little fickle about your design, try recreating your favorite character or seek inspiration from completed dolls in the shop.
Choose the size and shape of your doll and get started on coloring your figurine. You can take your pick of practice stencils and permanent markers. Sip on hot coffee and feel completely relaxed as you concentrate on doodling in their features. Get ready to unleash your creativity at Mustoy, Hongdae. Book this activity with KKday.
- How To Get There: Take the Subway Line 2 to Hongik University Station (Exit 8)
- Address: 2nd-floor Mustoy, 336-6 Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul
The hidden cafe gem in Seoul is always trending on IG ‘cause of their mermaid-themed drinks and iconic pink vending machine! The vending machine is actually a door that hides the entire cafe.
Have a mermaid cupcake served in a metallic tin, along with delicious milk tea. Or opt for super cute donuts and coffee and chill by the brightly-colored pink neon signs.
- How To Get There: Ride the subway to Mangwon Station. Take a 5-minute walk through the neighborhoos starting from Exit 2. You’ll see the cafe on your left
- Address: 400-2 Mangwon-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
4. Mango Six Coffee Shop
Ever heard of the famous K-drama series, ‘The Heirs’? This is the very cafe where Eun Sang, the hardworking heroine, often bickers with Jenguk company heir, Kim Tan. Taste their iconic mango smoothie as seen in the series. They also have inexpensive coffee drinks such as your standard cafe latte, Americano, and espresso.
Relax and strike a pose in the shade of yellow umbrellas, which complement the cozy wooden setting perfectly.
- How To Get There: From Seolleung Station Line 2, leave straight through Exit 1. Turn right after the Dunkin Donut store which is on the third junction. Turn Left at the second junction.You will see a V&S Building on your left side, where Mango Six is located
- Address: 891-46 Daechi-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (26 Samseong-ro 85-gil)
5. Style Nanda Pink Pool Cafe
Revel in all things bright and beautiful at this uber-trendy cafe. Feel as if you’ve stepped into a luxurious hotel from another world. You’ll be surrounded by neon lights, pastel-colored decor, and gold accents.
Snack on sweet cotton candy to go along with your brewed coffee, Americano, or even blue cream soda slushies. Don’t forget to snap pics at their iconic ‘Hello Gorgeous’ sign and poolside rooftop!
- How To Get There: The subway to Myeongdong Station (Exit 6). Walk left at the first intersection, walk straight, and turn right. Find Stylenanda Pink Hotel on the right side
- Address: 23 Wausan-ro 29da-gil, Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
6. Thanks Nature Cafe
Who would have thunk that sheep and coffee could mix together? Discover the cozy atmosphere of Thanks Nature Cafe and take in the rustic atmosphere and earthy tones. Where else can you pet fluffy sheep while indulging in tasty waffles and lattes? Visit this baa-ry cute cafe during your stay in Hongdae.
- How To Get There: Ride a train to Hongik University Subway Station (Line 2) and take Exit 9. Take a left turn and go to the main gate of the Hongik University
- Address: 344-1 Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
7. C. Through Cafe
Perched on top of a hill, C. Through Cafe is home to beautifully-crafted latte art by renowned artist, Lee Kang Bin. Step inside, then sit back and relax in the minimalist interior. People often flock here to have a Van Gogh Latte, inspired by the namesake artist’s world-famous painting, ‘Starry Night’.
This requires a reservation days prior to your visit, so if you can’t reserve, you can still have cute bear latte art and pretty coffees dripping in heavenly foam and chocolate.
- How To Get There: From Seoul Station, take a 6-minute walk to Garwol-dong station. Take the subway and alight at Itaewon, Yongsan-gu Office. From there, take a 4-minute walk to C. Through Cafe
- Address: 403-3 Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea,
Which Korean cafe speaks to you? Let us know where you’re headed during your Seoul trip! Show us your best shots by tagging us on Instagram (#travelwithKKday). Stay tuned for KKday’s take on the best cafes in Seoul and all over the world!