When you get to Korea, what is the best way to stay online? Buy a SIM card? Portable WIFI rental? If you’re wondering what the best option is for you, then read KKday’s comparisons to help you make the right choice.
#1 KT Olleh SIM Card with Unlimited 4G Data
This KT Olleh card is for internet use, there is no call or SMS included but you can stay connected through Line, Whatsapp, Skype etc. You can also share connectivity with your friends.
This SIM card is available for 5, 10 or 30 days to best suit your needs. It is also conveniently located at the airport so you can pick up and connect almost immediately.
- Choose appropriate number of days for your stay – 5, 10 or 30 days
- 4G / Unlimited Data – Can share internet access
- Pick up at Korean Airports and Metro Stations (Incheon Airport, Gimpo Airport, Gimhae Airport, Jeju Airport and Hongnik University Metro Station)
#2 Prepaid EG SIM Card
This prepaid EG SIM card comes with 1G internet data and 15 to 40 minutes of call time. Ideal for business trips, layovers and shorter holidays.
If 1G of data sounds like not enough for you then bear in mind that you’ll still be able to connect to KT Olleh WIFI available in many places around the country. Also if you use up all your prepaid credit, you can top up in convenience stores or by using the EG Sim App.
- Can make phone calls (15 or 40 minutes)
- 1G Data / can also connect to one of the many KT Olleh Wifi services
- No time restriction / Can top up credit in convenience stores or EG SIM App
#3 Unlimited KT Olleh Pocket WIFI Router
This awesome device is suitable for multiple devices or people traveling together, the Unlimited KT Olleh Router solves all your needs, is wireless and it’s great value! Just pick up from the airport and connect! Please note that a deposit is required and you’ll need to charge the router from time to time.
- Wireless internet / Unlimited data
- Rent for the exact number days you’ll need it
- Really convenient for multiple devices and family/friends
That’s our round up of the best ways to stay connected in Korea, pick the one right for you and have a nice trip!